I had the priviledge to interview Sophia Rokhlin back in July, 2019.
Sophia Rokhlin is a program coordinator at the Chaikuni Institute and directs the sustainable ayahuasca cultivation program at The Temple of the Way of Light, a traditional plant medicine retreat center in the Peruvian Amazon.
She is the co-author of When Plants Dream: Ayahuasca, Amazonian Shamanism and The Global Psychedelic Renaissance on the global spread of ayahuasca which was released in early September.
Some of the things we covered are:
- What it was like for an 18-year old Sophia to encounter ayahuasca
- How the medicine transformed her as a person, and the trajectory of her life.
- What her medicine for the world is.
- How we can raise individual and global awareness on the cultural, economical, and ecological effects that are the results of “ayahuasca boom.”
- What advice she’d give to someone seeking ayahuasca for personal exploration and expansion.
- And more.
Image credit: Pablo Amaringo, Google.